Being born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, the people behind DuvalNative.com take great pride in our great city. We have so much to see, do and be a part of that it's almost unbelievable.
Did you know these 10 facts about our home city?
1. We are the largest city in the continental United States in land mass. Taking up a whopping 840 square miles. (Anchorage, Alaska in the largest in the USA with 1,961 square miles. But you'll freeze there.)
2. The Mayport Ferry is Florida's only public auto ferry and connects Jacksonville's beaches to the Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island areas.
3. The military employs over 30,000 active-duty personnel and nearly 20,000 civilians in the Jacksonville area. (USA! USA! USA!)
4. As of 2018, the median age in Northeast Florida is 36 years old - younger than all major cities in Florida. (This isn't your grannies Florida)
5. In 1916, over 30 movie companies called Jacksonville home with stars such as Oliver Hardy and Fatty Arbuckle making movies in town. Citizens became fed up with the noise and the industry moved to California. That's right, we were Hollywood. But we kicked them all over to the west coast. (Bye Felicia!)
6. Jacksonville native Bob Hayes is the only man to win an Olympic gold medal and a Super Bowl ring. (Go Bullet Bob!)
7. The oldest, continuously operating community theater in the country is Theatre Jacksonville, in operation since 1919.
8. Jacksonville is the largest city in population in all of Florida. (Not sorry, Miami, Orlando and Tampa)
9. Pete's Bar, the oldest bar in Duval County, was featured in the John Grisham novel The Brethren.
10. One of the best parts of life in Jacksonville is that living here costs just a fraction of what it costs to live in most other cities, even in Florida. House prices are rock bottom and you can rent an apartment here for an average of $980, which is significantly lower than the $1,500 national average.
Jacksonville has been or is home to some amazing people. Do you recognize any of these names? This is a small sampling of all the great people from Jacksonville.
Eartha M. M. White (1876–1974), African-American philanthropist and humanitarian
A. Philip Randolph (1889–1979), African-American civil rights activist
"Merciless" Ray Mercer (born 1961), WBO World Heavyweight Champion 1991 and Olympic gold medalist
Alfred I. duPont (1864–1935), industrialist, financier and philanthropist
Charles Martin (born 1969), New York Times-bestselling author
Mark McCumber (born 1951), professional golfer
Nancy Hogshead-Makar (born 1962), national and 1984 Olympic gold medalist swimmer
Ryan Murphy (born 1995), Olympic swimming gold medalist
Ray Charles (1930–2004), blind, soulful singer
At DuvalNative.com we provide you with an excellent shopping experience because your satisfaction matters to us. We have the perfect combination of products that are tailored to meet your needs while showing of your pride in Jacksonville. Even if you are not sure of what you want, our e-shop has got several ways to help you identify your needs or the gift needs of others.
Everything about DuvalNative.com revolves around our commitment to help you look your best, inspire confidence and show off that Duval Pride.
We have been operating for over One Year and we have managed to build up a reputable establishment online. We have a great team and aim to grow our business more and more, offering our customers the only DuvalNative items on the market.
If you have any questions about our products, or if would like to check the availability of an item, please use the “Contact Us” page to get in touch.